I love taking the public transport and cycling when I travel.
I had the chance to take the boat on the Seine when I was in Paris. The Batobus (translated as boat-bus) was probably more for tourists than for local though.
On the Batobus
Since passengers sat in the boat under a glass cover, I felt like I was in an oven. Most of the passengers looked grumpy from the heat.
I didn’t get the chance to catch the sunset on the boat because the sun was setting around 9pm in Summer but I’ve seen photos of the lovely purple-orange sky.
Should you take the Batobus?
If you have time and a student card, the Batobus packages are quite worthwhile.
The boat is also good for shuttling you from each important site to another. Highly recommended.
Other Paris reads:
- My visit to the Empire of Death [Thinking about decorating your walls with skulls?]
- A walk among the dead in Montparnasse cemetery [Is it a park or a cemetery?]
- Paris Day 1 Adventure: Musée des arts et métiers [First day in Paris!]
- My song in Paris [I’m not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance]
- Gift of Fear, travel edition [When I was threatened death by a drunk.]
- What travel means to me in one word [I discover that I only want to escape.]
- City of Lights, Day 15 of 30 Days of Indie Travel Project [Paris has serious body odor problem.]
3 thoughts on “Sightsee Paris by boat”
In 2007, I took a very short ride from Louvre to Champs-Elysees just before sunset, and the view was gLorious. No regret at aLL.
I don’t remember sitting under the gLass cover, though, as I remember cLearLy the wind was bLowing wiLdLy and my hair didn’t Look good in any photos..
Beautiful photos… How I miss Paris….
Paris really is beautiful <3