I was inspired by The Traveling Writer’s post on writing a bucket list. She said it’s not just a list of goals but of dreams.
Unfortunately, I’ve never gotten around to writing a bucket list, mainly because I was afraid of disappointing myself by not crossing out every one of the wish.
Still, life’s too short to think about me letting myself down so here are a few that I hurriedly jot down at work (and now). Not in order of importance:
- Go on a round-the-world trip
- Learn all six official languages of UN: Arabic,
Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish
- Be fluent in languages I’ve learned
- Go on a cruise
- Publish a book–hardcopy or e-book
- Be an inspiration to someone
- Live right next to a lavendar field
- Make my own lavendar-scented oil
- Live in X-country for at least a year
- Make my own ice cream
Watch a musical Watch a French musical
- Have and raise kickass kids
- See the New7Wonders_of_the_World
- Be in a happy romantic relationship
- Do standup comedy
- Get invited on a TV show
- Host my own travel show (I love you Ian Wright!)
Be referenced on Wikipedia
- Be an entry on Wikipedia (please be nice!)
- Have my own travelling tarot reading stall–so gypsy!
I’m sure the list would grow. That’s why we’re alive.
What would be on your bucket list?
2 thoughts on “My bucket list”
I like number 7 – how awesome will it be to smell lavender in the air everyday ! Great list btw, you’ve got me thinking about starting one!
Thanks! I think writing a list is therapeutic. Share with me yours when you’re done.
I was in a lavender field once. It buzzing with bees. :D